After completing his Old Testament mission to Israel and bringing an “end” to the Old Testament age and law of Moses at the cross, Jesus began the New Testament age with the “great commission to his apostles as his spokesmen in Acts 2.
After his resurrection and as the New Testament age was ready to begin, Jesus said to the apostles: "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be condemned" (Mk. 16:15-16).
1. To be forgiven of your sins and saved by the blood of Christ in the New Testament "church, you must hear, believe and "obey" the "true" new covenant "gospel" of Christ (Matthew 28:18-20).
2. You must hear, understand and believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that he died on the cross to confirm the redeeming love of God for sinful man (Romans 1:1-6; 3:24-26; 5:8-9) .
3. You must believe the New Testament "gospel" facts of the crucifixion, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ, and obey the commands for repentance, confession of faith, and be baptized into Christ (Matthew 28:19-20; Mark. 16:15-16; Luke 24:47).
4. You must follow the examples found in the New Testament book of Acts of men "believing" and "obeying" the new covenant "gospel" and being saved from alien sin and "added" to the New Testament "church"(Acts 2:36-47;8:5-12, 36-38; 9:1-22;10:34-48; 16:14-15;18:8; 19:1-7; 22:16).
5. You must then live faithfully to Christ in the New Testament "church" by following the authority and pattern for the "Christian" life as set forth in the books of Romans through Revelation (1 Corinthians 15:58; Ephesians 1:1-3; 2 Timothy 2:12).
Will you "believe" and "obey" the gospel of Christ and become a New Testament Christian -- a member of the church of Christ -- a member of the "oldest" religion and church in the world? For immediate assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact the nearest church of Christ in your vicinity.
Send all comments and questions to email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org - visit www.mmljbc.com